Microsoft recently released a new preview of Windows 10 (build 10061) to the fast ring and it’s a new version of the operating system that brings significant updates since the previous build (10049), which was also made available through the fast ring of updates.
If you don’t want to go through the trouble on setting up a virtual machine to see what’s new in build 10061, I just created a new video tour that highlights all the new improvements and features in this new release of Windows 10.
The new video uploaded to the Pureinfotech YouTube channel goes through all the changes Microsoft is adding to the new build, including:
- Power options located above the “All apps” button
- Users can now resize menu
- Live Tiles drag and drop capabilities to the desktop and taskbar
- New dark theme
- New clock and calendar in the Notification center
- Virtual Desktops
- New Task View icon
- Users can now create unlimited desktops
- Pinned and running apps now no longer appear in the taskbar
- Taskbar buttons now have been streamlined for “touchability”
- Snap mode gets a new divider similar to the same feature in Windows 8.1
- The EDGE rendering engine receives a new update
- Downloads now appear in the download manager
- New option to open websites with Internet Explorer within Spartan
- Users can now save PDF files
- Microsoft enables the “about:flags” page
- “Add to” get new refinements
- Selecting text in the address bar doesn’t work
- Fixes will arrive through Windows Update
- Desktop right-click menu replaces the “Screen resolution” option with “Display settings”
- Personalization gets new Background, Colors, Lock screen, and Themes options
- Microsoft enables offline maps download
- Tablet Mode gets new options to customize whether to enable Tablet mode after signing into Windows
- Devices includes a new Printers & Scanners section
- Privacy includes a new Radios and Account info sections
- Update & recovery now includes “For developers” option
In Windows 10 build 10061 users can try the new Mail and Calendar, Weather, News, Sports, and Money apps, and Microsoft introduces a new version of Solitaire.
Wrapping things up
As you can see there are a lot features and improvements going on with Windows 10 build 10061, but it’s worth pointing out that many of the changes we’re seeing today, we have seen them on previous leak version operating system including in build 10051 and build 10056.