Here's the full video tour with the new changes found in the latest preview of Windows 10.
Microsoft has just rolled out Windows 10 build 10565 to the Fast ring of updates. This new build includes significant changes and improvements over build 10547, and even from build 10558, which recently leaked to the internet.
Build 10565 includes changes on the context menus for Start, Cortana gets smarter with handwriting recognition to create reminders, the Settings app gets new options and Microsoft Edge brings new features, such as tab preview and bookmark syncing.
In addition, the new preview of the operating system includes an early version of the Messaging, Skype Video, and Phone apps powered by Skype.
Today, I’m adding a new video to the Pureinfoctech YouTube channel highlighting the most important changes and enhancements for build 10565.
Below you’ll find a summary with the new changes:
- Resigned context menus for the Start menu tiles.
- Update Jump List menu for File Explorer.
- Users can now pin contacts to Start.
- Taskbar brings back the white minimalistic icons for apps.
- File Explorer and desktop apps now show new darker title bar color and white font to match the system color scheme.
- New icons for the Registry, elements on Control panel, and USB connected devices.
- On Display, located inside of System — users can now change DPI settings and changes will apply automatically.
- On Storage, located inside of System — Microsoft is enabling the ability to install apps to an external storage, such as SD card, USB flash or hard drive.
- On Offline maps, located insider of System — Users now have the choice to save maps on a different storage location.
- On About, located inside of System — users will now see the “Windows 10” logo, which match the theme color.
- On Accounts, users now have the “Email, calendar, and contacts” section, which allows to add accounts globally in the operating system, and there is also a new section called “Accounts used by other apps” to let users add different accounts to use with other apps.
- On Update & security, there is a new option called Find My Device and similar to the option for Windows phones, you can configure to this option to track your device using GPS, if you lose it or get stolen. On the Advanced options for updates, Insiders have a new slider switch to change from Slow to Fast ring. And Activation now shows the device product key status.
- The version has been bumped to 23.10565.0.0.
- There is a new tap preview feature to pick opened tabs without having to move through web pages.
- Users can finally sync Favorites and Reading list items between devices.
- There is a new settings page for favorites.
- There is no more drop-down menu to change your default search engine, but now you can click the Change button to set a new default.
- The F12 tools now docks to the browser window.
- User can open new instances of the web browser.
- Messaging app has been included as an early preview.
- Skype Video app has been included as an early preview.
- Phone app has been included as an early preview.
- Sway comes pre-installed in the new version of the operating system.
- You can quick reply to messages from a toast notification alert or Action Center with the new apps powered by Skype.
As you can see there are lot new things in the newly released build of Windows 10, which the company is planning to release later in November as part of Threshold 2.
Finally, remember that there are not just visual changes and improvements, but also changes under-the-hood, as users can now activate Windows 10 using their qualifying Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 8.1 product key without needing to go through the initial upgrade process.
Microsoft is rolling out the preview through the Fast ring of updates, which means that even though there are new fixes and improvements, there are also bugs and a number of things that don’t work correctly, as such it’s not recommended to make this your primary operating system — you’ll better off testing on a virtual machine or spare computer.
What do you think about the new improvements? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.