On January, 21th, Microsoft announced the availability of Windows 10 build 11102 to the Fast ring of updates. The new preview for Insiders is the third build the company is rolling out as part of the Redstone update that is due later this year, and it’s the second preview released in 2016.
Windows 10 Redstone build 11102 doesn’t bring significant changes, but the software giant is including a new version of Microsoft Edge web browser that includes a right-click menu on the back and forward buttons to quick access to recently visited websites in the current tab. According to Microsoft, this was a highly requested feature from Insiders.
Windows 10 build 11102 known issues
While the changes are minor in the new Redstone preview of Windows 10, the software giant notes that this preview includes a number of known issues that Insiders should be aware of before installing the operating system — specially gamers.
- Some PC games will crash switching from windowed mode to full screen, upon game resolution change, or upon launch due to a bug in Windows graphics stack. Microsoft notes that it has observed this with The Witcher 3, Fallout 4, Tomb Raider, Assassin’s Creed, and Metal Gear Solid V but it may occur with other titles as well.
- With this build (and with the last build), applications such as Narrator, Magnifier, and third-party assistive technologies may experience intermittent issues or crashes. If you rely on screen readers or other software, you should not use this build. This issue will be fixed with the next build.
- You might see a WSClient.dll error dialog after logging in. We’re working on a fix for this but as a workaround, you can run the following in Command Prompt with administrative rights:
schtasks /delete /TN “\Microsoft\Windows\WS\WSRefreshBannedAppsListTask” /F.
- While attempting to update to this build, your PC may show a message that your wireless card is not compatible with Windows 10. The workaround is to visit the support page for your PC or wireless card and install the newest driver that is available.
- The Connect button does not show up in Action Center.
As you can see there are quite a few known issues and you should probably skip this flight if you depend on some of these features.
The new Redstone preview is available immediately to Insiders through the Fast ring via Windows Update. The preview will install automatically, but you can always force the update manually going to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update and clicking the Check for updates button.
Source Windows Blog