As part of the Patch Tuesday for June 2016, Microsoft is releasing a new cumulative update for the non-insider version of Windows 10 for PC and Mobile, thus bringing the operating system to build 10586.420.
Like every Patch Tuesday Microsoft rolls out every month, this new update only includes bug fixes and improvements, and there are not new features.
Here’s what you’ll find new on this Patch Tuesday update.
June 2016 Patch Tuesday for Windows 10 (build 10586.420)
- Fixed issue with balloon tip notifications always appearing in the upper left side of the screen.
- Fixed problem causing VPN to not work properly when switching between different network interfaces.
- Narrator now has the ability to read bulleted lists, hyperlinks, and image information.
- Fixed issue in location that caused navigation apps to lag behind user’s actual location.
- Fixed security issues with Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge, Adobe Flash Player, and other Microsoft products.
- Improved performance of loading webpages in Internet Explorer 11 when roaming user profiles are used.
June 2016 Patch Tuesday for Windows 10 Mobile (build 10586.420)
- Fixed problem that could result in unexpected battery drain while syncing mail using IMAP.
- Faster shutdown after “Goodbye” disappears.
- Improved reliability of syncing text messages from the phone to the cloud.
- Reduced the number of days a phone can go without restarting to receive an update from 14 days to 7 days.
- Cortana improvements include fix for a problem that sometimes resulted in a crash when performing a search, and corrections to inaccurate times after Daylight Savings Time (DST) on meeting cards and reminders.
- Maps app changes include better stability, improved accuracy, and reduced latency with driving directions.
- Fixed issue unable to re-add a primary Microsoft account without resetting after upgrading from Windows Phone 8.1.
- Fixed issue unable to install keyboard and languages without resetting after upgrading from Windows Phone 8.1.
- Fixed problem that caused the phone to stop ringing from an incoming call, when receiving a SMS.
- Fixed issue that caused Project My Screen to stop working on some phones.
The cumulative update KB3163018 part of the June 2016 Patch Tuesday are available immediately for non-insider PCs and Windows 10 Mobile phones. The updates bumping the operating system to build 10586.420 will download and install automatically, but you can always go to Settings > Update & security> Windows Update and manually force the download.