Microsoft has just released Windows 10 build 10149 to the Fast ring of updates. This is the fifth build and the software maker is including a number of enhancements, fixes, and changes, but because the new preview is rolling out to the Fast ring, it also means that there are more bugs, issues, and fewer workarounds.
Even though, the company is making available Windows 10 Mobile build 10149 to Insiders, it’s also warning users that there are a new known issues that everyone should be aware of before making the decision and installing the new build. Below, you’ll find a list of all the known issues for build 10149:
- Some people may encounter an 80091007 error trying to upgrade to this build from Build 10136. If you hit this error, sit tight – Microsoft working on a fix. Or if you want the new build right away, you can use the Windows Phone Recovery Tool to go back to Windows Phone 8.1 and then upgrade to Build 10149.
- The Insider Hub is removed in this build. Don’t worry, it will be back in future Insider Preview builds.
- Sometimes the PIN keypad won’t be shown after swiping up to unlock. The workaround is to swipe down to get to Action Center and try to open a notification or Settings to invoke the PIN keypad to unlock your phone.
- There is a very rare situation where you are unable to unlock your phone after entering your PIN and it keeps letting you type even though you entered your pin correctly. If you hit this – leave the phone alone 1-2 hours before trying to unlock again. This is caused by a TPM issue that could get worse and require you to reflash if you get into this state and power off the phone.
- If a Gmail account is set up on the phone, the Messaging app may have issues and both incoming and outgoing messages may not work. If this issue is hit, simply reboot your phone to get it working again. Microsoft is aware that the Messaging app may behave badly in this state.
- There is a known issue where apps or games are installed as trial versions even though you have previously purchased them. In-app purchases on Windows 10 Mobile are not functional yet as we migrate the function to the new Windows Store.
- In certain cases, the colors in some apps may appear off. For example – the title bar in the Outlook Mail app is orange.
- There might be some cases where notifications in Action Center appear blank.
Additionally, Microsoft notes that the previous bug, where the Lock screen will appear frozen without the date and time for up to 10 minutes remains in Windows 10 Mobile 10149. “If you get impatient and restart or mess with locking/unlocking your phone, you’ll wind up in a funky state – so just relax and let it do its thing.” — Microsoft says.
Even though, there still quite a few problems in the latest version of the mobile operating system, Windows 10 Mobile build 10149 is another release that get the operating system closer to completion, and Microsoft is planning to release it sometime in September.