Once again Windows 10 version 1703 is getting updated. This time around, Microsoft is rolling out update KB4025342 as part of July 2017 Patch Tuesday. This release doesn’t deliver new features or significant improvements, but it fixes a number of small problems with Windows 10.
KB4025342 bumps the version number of Windows 10 to build 15063.483, and it fixes a few crashing problems for some apps and when unplugging a USB device. It also addresses rendering issues on PDF files, screen resolution problem, and a bunch of security updates.
What’s new on Windows 10 build 15063.483
Microsoft has announced KB4025342 in its support site, and it’s referred as “July 11, 2017—KB4025342 (OS Build 15063.483)”. If you’re already running the Windows 10 Creators Update (version 1703) on your PC and phone, this update will only address these issues with OS:
- Addressed issue with Internet Explorer 11 where the browser may close unexpectedly when you visit some websites.
- Fixed problem to improve MediaCreationTool.exe support for Setup Tourniquet scenarios.
- Addressed issue with CoreMessaging.dll that may cause 32-bit apps to crash on the 64-bit version of the OS.
- Fixed problem where Visual Studio or a WPF application may terminate unexpectedly when running on a pen and touch enabled machine with Windows 10 Creators Update.
- Addressed issue that causes the system to crash when certain USB devices are unplugged while the system is asleep.
- Fixed problem with screen orientation that stops working after lid close and lid open transitions.
- Addressed issue that causes .jpx and .jbig2 images to stop rendering in PDF files.
- Fixed problem where users could not elevate to Administrator through the User Account Control (UAC) dialog when using a smart card.
- Addressed issue where input using the Korean handwriting feature dropped the last character of a word or moved it to the next line incorrectly.
- Fixed problem with a race condition between the App-V Catalog Manager and the Profile Roaming Service. A new registry key is available to control the waiting period for App-V Catalog Manager, which allows any third-party Profile Roaming Service to complete.
- Security updates to Microsoft Edge, IE 11, Windows Search, Windows kernel, Windows shell, Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows Virtualization, Datacenter Networking, Windows Server, Windows Storage and File Systems, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows kernel-mode drivers, ASP.NET, Microsoft PowerShell, and the .NET Framework.
How to download this Windows 10 update
Windows 10 build 15063.483 (KB4025342) for PC and mobile device is available immediately. The new update will download and install automatically, but you can always force the update from Settings > Update & security > Windows Update and clicking the Check for updates button.
Alongside the new cumulative update for the latest version of Windows 10, Microsoft is also issuing KB4025339 for PCs running the Windows 10 Anniversary Update that bumps the OS build number to 14393.1480, and addresses several of problems.
If you’re still on version 1511, Windows 10 is getting KB4025344 that bumps OS build number to 10586.1007 that fixes a few problems. And last, but not least, the original version of Windows 10 is receiving KB4025338, which bumps the OS build to 10240.17488 with a number of fixes and improvements.
For more details about the most recent Windows update, check out this list with release dates, KB and build numbers, and more.
You can download this update directly from Microsoft using these links: