- Microsoft rolls out Windows 11 build 25126 in the Dev Channel.
- The update introduces changes to the Accounts settings page.
- This flight also ships with various fixes and improvements.
Microsoft is now releasing Windows 11 build 25126 for devices enrolled in the Dev Channel of the Windows Insider Program. This is a minor update with only a few visual improvements and fixes.
According to the official changes, build 25126 for Windows 11 introduces changes for the Accounts settings to show information about your Office perpetual products, such as Office 2021 or Office 2019, instead of just information from Microsoft 365. You will also notice a “View Details” option to reveal more details about the product available through your Microsoft account online.
Fixes and improvements
In addition, this flight ships several fixes for the Start menu, Search, Settings, Task Manager, and more.
- If the touch keyboard is docked it should no longer unexpectedly dismiss when trying to edit the name of a folder in Start.
- Fixed a high-hitting explorer.exe crash that could happen when using Search.
- The preview image under Personalization > Lock Screen should no longer be backward when using an Arabic or Hebrew display language.
- If explorer.exe has hung, that should no longer hang Task Manager.
- Fixed an issue where the context menus weren’t following the same mode (light or dark) as Task Manager itself for some Insiders.
- Fixed a typo in the “Minimize on use” tooltip.
- If you’ve hidden the graphs on the side of the Performance page, the color of the circles used instead should now match the graph in the summary view.
- Addressed an issue where the Not Responding status for certain apps wasn’t being reflected on the Processes page.
- Removed the Lock option in the Start menu as it didn’t work.
- Fixed an issue where using “Open All Active Printers” from the printer icon in the system tray would unexpectedly open File Explorer when there were no active queues.
- Fixed the issue causing some Insiders to experience a bugcheck with the error DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL in pci.sys causing a rollback trying to install the latest builds in the Dev Channel.
- Mitigated the issue causing the Program Compatibility Assistant Service to use an unexpectedly large amount of CPU for some Insiders after upgrading to the latest Insider Preview builds in the Dev Channel.
In addition to these fixes, Microsoft is also pointing out a few known issues using Live Captions and Easy Anti-Cheat.
Install Windows 11 build 25126
If you want to download and install the Windows 11 build 25126, you need to enroll your device in the Dev Channel using the “Windows Insider Program” settings from the “Update & Security” section.
Once you enroll the computer in the program, you can download build 25126 from the “Windows Update” settings by clicking the Check for Updates button. However, you will need a device that meets the minimum system requirements to receive the update if you are new to the Windows Insider Program.