- Microsoft rolls out Windows 11 build 25131 in the Dev Channel.
- This flight ships with various fixes and improvements only.
Microsoft is now rolling out Windows 11 build 25131 for devices enrolled in the Dev Channel of the Windows Insider Program. This release is not significant since it only includes fixes and no new features.
Build 25131 for Windows 11, according to the announcement, brings several fixes to address problems with specific AMD processors. It also tweaks the new folder icon to be more consistent in File Explorer and resolves a couple of problems with the default file manager. Furthermore, this flight addresses problem with Search, Settings, and several other issues.
Windows 11 build 25131 fixes
These are all the fixes and improvements available for Windows 11 in the Dev Channel:
- The new folder icon used in the command bar should be consistent with the one used in the context menu now.
- Fixed an issue that could lead to File Explorer hanging when browsing folders with lots of .mkv files.
- Fixed an issue that was causing searching from Home to not return any results sometimes from the Open or Save dialog.
- Searching for something like “%appdata%” should now show a proper folder icon and not just a blank square.
- When selecting “Open file location” for a search result, it should now select the file in the folder again now, and not just open the folder.
- Searching for “default” will now return the default apps Settings page as the first result, and not require you to click “show all results” in order to see it.
- Fixed an issue where the “Listen to this device” audio option would stop working after a reboot until being unchecked and rechecked.
- Narrator will now read out the position of the radio buttons in the Settings > Accessibility > Color filters page to make it easier to navigate.
- Fixed an issue causing some Insider PCs with certain AMD processors to bugcheck and roll back when attempting to upgrade to last week’s flight.
- Fixed an issue that was causing some Insiders with secondary accounts on their PC to not be able to upgrade to the latest builds.
In addition to these fixes, Microsoft is also pointing out a few known issues using Live Captions and Easy Anti-Cheat.
Install Windows 11 build 25131
If you want to download and install the Windows 11 build 25131, you need to enroll your device in the Dev Channel using the “Windows Insider Program” settings from the “Update & Security” section.
Once you enroll the computer in the program, you can download build 25131 from the “Windows Update” settings by clicking the Check for Updates button. However, you will need a device that meets the minimum system requirements to receive the update if you are new to the Windows Insider Program.