- Microsoft releases Windows 11 build 25179 on the Dev Channel.
- The update introduces an updated spelling feature and various other tweaks.
- Furthermore, you will find various fixes and improvements.
Microsoft has announced the Windows 11 build 25179 for PCs enrolled in the Dev Channel of the Windows Insider Program. This release doesn’t include many visual changes, but it brings various improvements and fixes.
Build 25179 for Windows 11, according to the company, updates the spelling dictionary to use a language-neutral word list, and the company is also implementing syncing across devices. File Explorer tabs and new navigation is now rolling out to everyone in the Dev Channel.
In addition, build 25179 adds the Tamil Anjal keyboard for the Tamil language and rolls out tweaks to improve the key repeat rate for the traditional touch keyboard layout to feel more responsive. Finally, the default duration captured by
powercfg /sleepstudy from three to seven days
You can download the official ISO file for build 25179 at the Windows Insider Preview download page.
Windows 11 build 25179 changes
As part of the fixes and changes, this flight includes various fixes for File Explorer, Taskbar, and Settings.
The Mount option when right clicking things like ISO files should now show an icon in the context menu.
Fixed an issue where the min / max / close button might not be visible in File Explorer when using a contrast theme.
- Fixed an issue which could lead to the taskbar overflow flyout unexpectedly appearing on the opposite side of the screen.
- Fixed the issue causing Widgets preferences (temperature units and pinned widgets) to unexpectedly get reset to default.
- Fixed a sporadic crash impacting the reliability of the input switcher.
- Fixed an issue where when Suggested Actions was enabled, if you copy multiple items in a row to your clipboard history, some of the items might not display after you pressed Windows key + V.
- Fixed an issue where when resizing certain app windows near the edge of the screen when using mixed DPI monitors might unexpectedly cause the window to jump and shrink.
- Fixed a crash when going to System > Storage > Disks & Volumes.
Made change so that the media controls in Quick Settings will more reliably not load old media you’re no longer using.
Fixed an issue causing one of the characters in the bugcheck text to not display correctly (as a box) when the display language was set to Chinese.
Fixed an issue causing app install failures with error 0x80080204 in the last few flights.
Improved date / time recognition for existing supported locales when using Suggested Actions.
Fixed an issue causing hangs and crashes in apps (like Excel) when attempting to print in the last couple flights.
Fixed a few issues impacting explorer.exe reliability.
Furthermore, there are a bunch of known issues with File Explorer, Easy Anti-Cheat, Widgets, and printing.
Install Windows 11 build 25179
If you want to download and install the Windows 11 build 25179, you need to enroll your device in the Dev Channel using the “Windows Insider Program” settings from the “Update & Security” section.
Once you enroll the computer in the program, you can download build 25179 from the “Windows Update” settings by clicking the Check for Updates button. However, you will need a device that meets the minimum system requirements to receive the update if you are new to the Windows Insider Program.