- Windows 11 build 25276 releases in the Dev Channel.
- The update introduces changes for the Task Manager app to create kernel live dumps.
- The Accounts settings will now show OneDrive cloud storage details.
- In this update, the company is also updating the visual for the known compatibility issue dialog.
- And the Get Help app will now be the application to troubleshoot and fix network problems.
Microsoft is now rolling out Windows 11 build 25276 for devices enrolled in the Dev Channel of the Windows Insider Program. This is a significant update with several visual changes and several fixes.
Build 25276 for Windows 11, according to the official changes, introduces changes to the Task Manager to create live kernel memory dumps, improves the Accounts settings with new OneDrive cloud storage settings, and updates the visuals of the dialog box that shows known compatibility issues.
Windows 11 build 25276 changes
Here are the new features and improvements available with the latest build of Windows 11 in the Dev Channel:
Microsoft continues experimenting with features in the Task Manager and in this flight, the app introduces an option to create live kernel memory dumps. This is in addition to the existing “Memory dump” for user mode processes. Check this documentation page on how kernel live dump can help advanced users and developers.
The dumps will be written to the
%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\TaskManager\LiveKernelDumps fixed location. Furthermore, the Task Manager settings have been updated to change for live kernel memory dumps.
In the Accounts settings section, Windows 11 will now show storage usage information from your OneDrive account for Microsoft 365 apps and services. Outlook attachment data will be included in your cloud storage as displayed on the visual.
Compatibility dialog box
Also, build 25276 includes an updated dialog that shows when an app has a known compatibility issue to use the new design style of Windows 11.
The Get Help app is getting an update to help users troubleshoot and resolve common networking problems. Microsoft says that in this update, the app has new APIs that diagnose problems and offer specific recommendations to get online, the app targets the 30 most common connectivity issues.
As a result of this change, Windows 11 is removing the legacy Network Troubleshooter from the operating system.
This preview also includes some additional changes. For example, Windows 11 Pro will no longer allow a user to connect to a remote share by using guest credentials by default, even if the remote server requests guest credentials. According to the company, this matches the stronger security of the Enterprise and Education editions that’s been in place since Windows 10.
For clarity purposes, when Windows Defender Credential Guard is enabled, when attempting to use a remote desktop with default credentials, it will now explicitly say “Windows Defender Credential Guard does not allow using Windows logon credentials. Please enter your credentials”.
Finally, Microsoft is temporarily disabling the updated firewall notification dialogs that match the Windows 11 visuals. However, the company plans to re-introduce this change in a future flight after addressing some bugs.
Fixes available with this release
Windows 11 build 25276 also delivers many fixes for the Taskbar and Start menu.
- Fixed an issue where switching windows through taskbar previews wasn’t working.
- Fixed multiple explorer.exe crashes affecting the system tray.
- When opening a flyout from the taskbar, pressing the Esc key to close the flyout should now return keyboard focus to the button it was invoked from.
- Fixed the layout issues with the text in the search box on taskbar when using right-to-left display languages like Arabic.
- Fixed an issue where the selected search style in Taskbar Settings wasn’t persisting across updates. This setting should persist now on subsequent Insider Preview build upgrades.
- Fixed an issue where the “insert text” button wasn’t working when using the Pinyin IME in double pinyin mode.
- Fixed an explorer.exe crash which could happen when opening File Explorer, related to loading your recent files.
- Voice access will now work correctly for entering numbers in the Calculator app.
- Fixed a crash when giving move left and right commands with voice access.
This release also has known issues with the Taskbar, Start menu, Task Manager, Widgets, and more.
Install build 25276
If you want to download and install the Windows 11 build 25276, enroll your device in the Dev Channel using the “Windows Insider Program” settings from the “Windows Update” section.
Once you enroll the computer in the program, you can download build 25276 from the “Windows Update” settings by clicking the Check for Updates button. However, you will need a device that meets the minimum system requirements to receive the update if you are new to the Windows Insider Program.