- Windows 11 gets a WSA update in the Windows Insider Program in August (again).
- The update brings compatibility improvements.
- It also includes the Amazon Appstore 60.09 and Android security patches.
Microsoft has released a new update (version 2207.40000.8.0) for its Windows Subsystem for Android (WSA) on Windows 11. The update is available through the Windows Insider Program for the United States and Japan users and includes several new features and improvements.
According to the announcement, the second update for August 2022 improves app compatibility, notification, and VPN handling. It also ships with the Amazon Appstore 60.09 and Android security updates.
August 2022 update changes
Here’s the list of changes for the Windows Subsystem for Android version 2207.40000.8.0:
New compatibility shim to allow apps to maintain aspect ratio but still support resize
- Accessibility improvements to the Windows Subsystem for Android Settings app
- New compatibility shims in the Windows Subsystem for Android Settings app
- Fixed problems with restarting apps
- Apps that update toast notifications instead of using progress toasts have better behavior
- Game controls user education dialog for apps with compatibility shims enabled
- Improvements in handling VPN
- Scrollbar fix for Windows Subsystem for Android Settings compatibility page
- User crash data and system app crash data are now being reported
- “No internet available” toast notification is now suppressed
- Custom Android toasts now render correctly
- Amazon Appstore 60.09 update
- Android security update
- Improved reliability
The Windows Subsystem for Android update should download and install automatically. However, you can always download it manually from the Library’s page in the Microsoft Store app and by clicking the “Get updates” button.