Following the Gamescom announcement, Microsoft today starts rolling out the August update for Xbox One to everyone. Although, Xbox One owners aren’t getting all the new features Microsoft revealed last week, the console is getting the following enhancements:
- Revamped Activity feed: The interface now has changed to shows a single column scrolling list to allow more content to be viewable. Users can now like and comment feed items, share game clips or anything else with friends or everyone. Notifications about who liked, comment, or shared items in the feed is now supported. Each Xbox owner will now get its personalized feed to see what friends have been up to. And with SmartGlass, users can see what friends shared in the activity feed.
- Mobile purchase: Now Xbox One owners can purchase games and add-on content on SmartGlass or Xbox.com and content will automatically download and install in the console.
- Low battery notification: A pop-up will appear when the controller battery is getting low.
- Disable notifications during video: Like in Windows 8.1, Xbox One with August update supports quiet hours, meaning that you can turn off notifications during video playback.
- 3D Blu-ray: Play Blu-ray on Xbox One will now enable 3D functionality.
- Last seen time in Friends list: The Friends list now shows how long it’s been since a friend has been online.
Microsoft is pushing the update to console starting today, just make sure to have automatic update turn on. Also there are many features coming in the following weeks that will include improvements on watching TV and social features.
Update: In this August system update for Xbox One, Microsoft is also releasing an updated version of SmartGlass for Windows Phone with a few improvements including purchase Xbox One games & add-ons and:
- Like a Game Clip
- Like an item in the activity feed
- View items that have been shared to you from a message
- Browse for recent and popular games & add-ons
- General stability and polish improvements