Windows 8 is getting the Bing Translator app; for quite a while this app was only available for Windows Phone, now the translator made its way to the Windows Store. The Bing Translator Windows 8 app works in the same way it does with the phone version, you can translate content in different languages using text or using your webcam.
With the camera translation feature, you can easily present an image (e.g., menus, flyers, text printed on magazine, etc) and Bing will overlay the translated text on the top. Another key feature is that the Metro-style app can translate content offline when you download the language pack beforehand — of course.
- Text translation over 40 languages.
- Camera translation
- Text to speech
- Offline translation (with language pack)
- Translate text from other Windows 8 apps using the Share charm
- Category: Travel
- Languages: English (USA) and many more
- Age Rating: 12+
- Permission: This app needs access to the internet, camera, and files
- Price: Free
- Publisher: Microsoft Corporation
- Download: Get it from the Windows Store
- x86/x64 (Windows 8)
- ARM (Windows RT)