In this Windows 8 trick, you’ll learn how to enable Aero Lite transparency when using the Windows Basic theme.
The Aero desktop experience is an appealing visual effect in Windows that started in Windows Vista. It offers a translucent glass design with new window animations and colors. The thing is that some people will not always want to use it, so for those who like to use the Windows Basic desktop experience here is a tip to enable Aero transparency without using the Aero theme in Windows 8 Consumer Preview.
1. While in the Windows Desktop, right-click on an empty space to bring the menu, and click Personalization.
2. At the bottom of the page, click Window Color, then uncheck the Enable Transparency options.
3. Go to the Desktop again and open Personalization one more time.
4. While in the new instance of Personalization, choose the Windows Basic under Basic and High Contrast Themes.
5. Now go back to the first Personalization window and check the Enable Transparency option once again. Don’t forget to click Save changes.
That’s all there is to it, you just enabled Aero Lite transparency in Windows 8 Consumer Preview.
Don’t forget to check out the rest of the Windows 8 coverage.