Toaster notification is one of thousands new features you’ll find built-in to Windows 8, and as this may well be a good feature to alert the user for certain events that happening inside of the system or when getting a new email, but many users could feel that these “pop-ups” can get in the middle of what they are doing, for instance when watching a movie.
So if you don’t want to have any kind of toast notifications, use this How-To to accomplish the task in Windows 8 for all or just one application.
Disabling toaster notification
1. Use the +I to bring the Setting menu and click Change PC settings.
2. From the list click Notifications.
3. To disable notifications, simple tap or click Show app notifications.
That’s all there is to it.
Disabling toaster notification for specific apps
What was shown above is the way to disable all notifications and the one on the new lock screen. If you just want to disable a certain application notification and you still want the rest of the applications to continue altering, you can do the following:
1. Use the +I to bring the Desktop menu and click Change PC settings.
2. From the PC settings, navigate to Notifications and you’ll see that all the notifications options are turned Off.
3. Turn On Show app notifications by toggling the option, and then only turn Off the applications that you don’t want notification from anymore.
And you are now finished. From now on, only the applications that you are interested in are going to have toaster notifications and you will still see notifications in the lock screen.