It seems that Google doesn’t want to stay for too long in version 13. At several days of the stable release of Google Chrome 13, version 14 is already on the Beta channel update for download. The official release version is 14.0.835.35 and it is available for Windows, Linux, Mac and Chrome Frame.
One important improvement in this beta release is on Google Chrome’s web platform capabilities for better apps and games for the web.
This latest built also comes with a number of new functionality and features that includes:
- Initial release of Native Client — This allows better programming for C and C++ languages to deliver high performances web apps.
- Sync Encryption for all data
- Web Audio API — This adds support for audio effects such as room situation and spatialization, which allows web developers to build more interactive experiences and games. Would you like to play with some of the effects? Then, check out some of these examples that Google has published.
- Experimental Web Request extension API
- Experimental Content Settings extension API
- Additional Mac OS X Lion feature support
- Print Preview on Mac
Tons of bug fixes, stability improvements, and changes were also included.
Source Google Chrome Blog