Today in this Windows How-To article, you’ll learn how to uninstall or remove an application from your computer in Windows 7.
Before you uninstall the software application, there are some things that you may want to keep in mind:
- You must know the name of the application you wish to uninstall. As obvious as it sounds, there are people who don’t do this and they end up uninstalling the wrong application.
- Make sure you have the CD or the files necessary to re-install the application, and the license key/serial number in case you want your application back. Sometimes certain applications require some sort of login, if that is the case, make sure you write down and save your login information, because you will need it later when you re-install the application.
Now, to the process to uninstall an application in Windows 7:
1. Click Start in the search box Search programs and files typeuninstall a program.
2. In the search result under Control Panel title, choose Uninstall a program.
3. The Uninstall or change a program window will open. Here will be listed all installed applications in your computer. See image 1.
Click image to expand. Image 1
4. Find and select from the list the application that you wish to uninstall (remove), and click Uninstall in the toolbar, at the top of the page. See image 1.
5. Now, depending on the application and how it was designed, an uninstaller wizard will launch, follow the steps, and after a few clicks the application will be removed.
Note: Uninstalling or removing an application means that it will no longer be in your computer.
Today Microsoft is making it easier to remove applications from your computer.
Knowing how to uninstall a software application is good for many reasons, some of them are: you don’t want the application anymore, the application is not working the way it should and you could uninstall and re-install again to see if that fixes the problem, you bought a new computer and it came filled with applications that you will never use; etc.