Microsoft is now rolling out a new cumulative update for Windows 10. The new update is described as KB3206632, and it’s a small update that is rolling out for PC and Mobile devices.
KB3206632 bumps the version number of Windows 10 to build 14393.576, and according to the company, the update includes a number of fixes and small improvements for devices running the Windows 10 Anniversary Update.
New changes on Windows 10 build 14393.576
Microsoft has announced KB3206632 in its support site, and it’s referred as “December 13, 2016—KB3206632 (OS Build 14393.576)”, and as with any other cumulative update this new release doesn’t include new features.
Here are the new changes for this roll out:
- Improved reliability of Security Support Provider Interface.
- Fixes a service crash in CDPSVC that in some situations could lead to the machine not being able to acquire an IP address.
- Addressed problem where a Catalog-signed module installation does not work on Nano Server.
- Fixes issue with Devices left with Windows Hello on for an excessive amount of time will not go into power savings mode.
- Addressed problem with gl_pointSize to not work properly when used with drawElements method in Internet Explorer 11.
- Fixes a problem with Azure Active Directory-joined machines after upgrading to Windows 10 Version 1607 cannot sync with Exchange.
- Addressed additional issues with app compatibility, updated timezone information, Internet Explorer.
- Security updates to Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Uninscribed, Common Log File System Driver.
Fixing Windows 10 network connectivity issue
It’s worth pointing out that this new update also fixes the internet connectivity problem that appeared with KB3201845 released on December 9th.
If you can’t connect to the internet to download the latest update, you can (as recommended by Microsoft) try restarting (not shut down) your PC. In the case it doesn’t solve the problem, you’ll have to use the direct download link below to download KB3206632 on another computer, and manually double-click to install the update on your device running KB3201845 to resolve the issue.
Alternatively, you can uninstall the problematic update to get back online, download and install the latest update using the download links mentioned at the end of this article to resolve the issue.
No Windows 10 Mobile details
Unfortunately, even though this update is also available for Windows 10 Mobile, the Windows 10 Update History website doesn’t list any specific changes for mobile devices.
Alongside the new update for the current version of Windows 10, Microsoft is also releasing KB3205386 for version 1511, and KB3205383 for the initial version of Windows 10, which they also add new improvements and fixes for past versions of the operating system.
Gettings the latest update
Windows 10 build 14393.576 (KB3206632) for PCs and phones is available immediately. The new update will download and install automatically, but you can always force the update from Settings > Update & security > Windows Update and clicking the Check for updates button.
For more details about the most recent Windows update, check out this list with release dates, KB and build numbers, and more.
You can download this update directly from Microsoft using these link: