On schedule, Microsoft is now rolling a new Patch Tuesday for Windows 10. In the last official release of the year, Windows 10 is getting update KB4054517 for PCs running the Fall Creators Update.
KB4054517 bumps the version number of Windows 10 to build 16299.125, and even though it doesn’t offer any new features, the update delivers a number of fixes, including for Windows Defender, Bluetooth, input, and Microsoft Edge.
What’s new with Windows 10 build 16299.125
Microsoft has announced KB4054517 in the Windows support site, and it’s referred as “December 12, 2017—KB4054517 (OS Build 16299.125)”. If you’re already running the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update on your PC, this update will only address these issues:
- Updates Internet Explorer’s default visibility for the button that launches Microsoft Edge.
- Addresses issue with personalized Bluetooth devices that don’t support bonding.
- Fixed issue where the touch keyboard doesn’t support the standard layout for 88 languages.
- Addresses issue where the touch keyboard for a third-party Input Method Editor (IME) has no IME ON/OFF key.
- Fixed issue where Windows Defender Device Guard and Application Control block some applications from running, even in Audit-Only Enforcement Mode.
- Addresses issue to reset PLC bit on U0/U3 transitions.
- Fixed additional issues with updated timezone information.
- Addresses issue where, when using System Center Virtual Machine Manager (VMM), the user can’t copy or clone virtual machines (VM). The error message is “0x80070057- Invalid parameter”. This issue affects the VMM UI and PowerShell scripts used for VM cloning and copying.
- Security updates to the Microsoft Scripting Engine, Microsoft Edge, and Windows Server.
What’s new with older versions of Windows 10
Alongside with the latest patch for the Fall Creators Update, Microsoft is also releasing update KB4053580 for the Windows 10 version 1703 (Creators Update) fixing several bugs and bumping the build number to 15063.786.
The Windows 10 version 1607 (Anniversary Update) gets KB4053579 that addresses a number of problems and bumps the build number to 14393.1944. Windows 10 version 1511 (November Update) receives update KB4053578 bumping build number to 10586.1295, and finally, the initial version of Windows 10 gets update KB4053581, which increases the build number to 10240.17709, and it also addresses a number of issues.
How to download December’s Patch Tuesday for Windows 10
Windows 10 build 16299.125 (KB4054517) for PCs devices is available immediately. The new update will download and install automatically, but you can always force the update from Settings > Update & security > Windows Update and clicking the Check for updates button.
You can find more details about the most recent updates in the Windows 10 update history tracker guide.
You can download this update directly from Microsoft using these links: