Microsoft is once again pushing a new out-of-band update for Windows 10. This time, the company is releasing update KB4103722 for devices running the version 1703 (Creators Update) addressing a slew of issues.
KB4103722 bumps the build number to 15063.1112, and according to the company, it fixes problems with BitLocker, Bluetooth, timezone, networking, apps, and more.
What’s new with Windows 10 build 15063.1112
Microsoft has announced KB4103722 in the Windows support site, and it’s referred as “May 17, 2018—KB4103722 (OS Build 15063.1112)”. If you’re already running the Windows 10 Creators Update on your PC, this update will address these problems:
- Addresses additional issues with updated time zone information.
- Addresses a reliability issue in .NET applications when using a Japanese IME in a text box.
- Addresses an issue with the connection status of some Bluetooth devices.
- Fixes a problem that prevents Autodiscover in Microsoft Outlook 2013 from being used to set up email accounts when UE-V is enabled.
- Addresses an issue that causes client applications that use Windows Authentication Manager to stop working when making a request to the server.
- Fixes a problem that causes BitLocker to go into recovery mode when updates are applied.
- Addresses an issue that prevents adding performance counters to the Performance Monitor on systems with many processors.
- Fixes a problem that generates an error when attempting to change the smart card service startup type from Disabled to Manual or Automatic.
- Addresses an issue that causes sporadic authentication issues when using Windows Authentication Manager.
- Enables the Visual Studio IntelliTrace step-back feature to take snapshots of an application whose debug platform target is set to x86.
- Fixes a problem that causes Internet Explorer dialogs on a second monitor to also appear on the primary monitor when using extended display.
- Addresses an issue that causes UWP applications to stop working when they use the XAML Map Control.
- Fixes a problem where the connection bar is missing in Virtual Machine Connection (VMConnect) when using full-screen mode on multiple monitors.
- Addresses an issue where Windows 10 clients that authenticate to 802.1x WLAN access points fail to apply Group Policy permissions, run scripts, or retrieve roaming profiles at user logon.
Alongside the Creators Update patch, Microsoft is also rolling out update KB4103720 for the Anniversary Update, which bumps the build number to 14393.2273, and it also fixes a bunch of issues. However, because the Anniversary Update has reached its support lifecycle, this update is only available for Windows 10 Enterprise, Education, and for devices using the Long-Term Servicing Channels.
How to download May 17 update for Windows 10
Update KB4103722 for PCs are available immediately, they will download and install automatically, but you can always force the update from Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and clicking the Check for updates button. You can find more details about the most recent updates in the Windows 10 update history tracker guide.