Once again, Microsoft is rolling out updates for older versions of Windows 10 outside of the normal Patch Tuesday schedule. This time around, the company is pushing update KB4499147 for devices running the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, version 1709, to address a long list of issues.
KB4499147 bumps the version number to build 16299.1182, and according to the software giant addresses problems with Microsoft Edge, networking, Microsoft Office, and much more.
In addition, Microsoft is releasing an update for the Creators Update, which fixes similar problems on Windows 10.
Windows 10 update KB4499147 for version 1709
Microsoft has announced KB4499147 in the Windows support site, and it’s referred as “May 28, 2019—KB4499147 (OS Build 16299.1182)” If you’re already running the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update on your device, this update will address these problems:
- Addresses an issue that may cause a Stop D1 error when you increase the random-access memory (RAM) capacity of a CPU (“hot add”) on a virtual machine.
- Fixes a problem that may cause event 7600 in the Domain Name System (DNS) server event log to contain an unreadable server name.
- Addresses an issue with looping redirects between Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11.
- Updates wininet.dll to prevent the re-creation of File Transfer Protocol (FTP) control sessions.
- Addresses an issue that prevents the OS from loading new icon files if it encounters an icon file that has a bad format.
- Fixes a problem that causes Microsoft Office and other applications to prompt for a password after you change a user account password.
- Addresses an issue in which Windows attempts to renew Azure Active Directory (AAD) token certificates when there is no internet connectivity.
- Fixes a problem that may cause a temporary KRB_AP_ERR_MODIFIED Kerberos sign-in failure in applications and services configured to use a Group Managed Service Account (GMSA).
- Addresses an issue that causes a sign-in to fail with the error, “Incorrect Username or password” when using an empty or null password and Windows Defender Credential Guard is enabled.
- Fixes a problem to set the date separator properly in the Japanese short date format.
- Updates time zone information for Morocco.
- Updates time zone information for the Palestinian Authority.
- Addresses an issue with BranchCache when it is in distributed cache mode.
- Fixes a problem with Microsoft Edge that displays an error page when you go to a page that was previously posted.
- Addresses an issue with scrollLeft in Internet Explorer.
- Fixes a problem that causes rendering to stop working for
You can download the updates to install them manually with the links below:
Windows 10 update KB4499162 for version 1703
Although the version 1703 (Creators Update) is no longer supported, organizations running the Enterprise or Education edition of Windows 10 are getting update KB4499162, which addresses many issues and bumps up the version number to build 15063.1839.
Download May 28 update for Windows 10
These updates are available immediately, they’ll download and install automatically, but you can always force the update from Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and clicking the Check for updates button. You can find more details about the most recent updates in the Windows 10 update history tracker guide.