- Windows 11 22H2 receives build 22621.1028 and 22623.1028 (KB5021866) in the Beta Channel.
- This release only includes various fixes and improvements for Windows 11.
Microsoft rolls out Windows 11 build 22623.1028 (KB5021866) with new features enabled by default and the preview build 22621.1028 (KB5021866) with features turned off by default for computers in the Beta Channel.
Build 22623.1028 and 22621.1028 for Windows 11, according to the official changes, only introduce fixes and improvements for the Taskbar, Search, Settings, Task Manager, and more.
Windows 11 build 22623.1028
These are the fixes specific to build 22623.1028:
• Fixed an issue where, with the system tray design updates, auto-hiding the taskbar would stop working after you had interacted with the hidden icons flyout.
• Made a small refinement for tablet-optimized taskbar users to make it a bit easier to expand the taskbar without invoking the Start menu.
• Fixed an issue which could lead to the taskbar jump lists and preview thumbnails not appearing in the correct position for Insiders with 2-in-1 PCs.
• Improved the transition animation when switching between collapsed and expanded views of the tablet-optimized taskbar.
• The tablet-optimized taskbar should collapse more reliably now after launching an app from the Start menu.
• Fixed an explorer.exe crash when using Alt + F4 with the show hidden icons flyout in the system tray open.
• Updated the battery icon’s tooltip to let you know if your device is charging slowly.
• Fixed an issue causing the top half of the media controls in Quick Settings to be missing sometimes.
• Fixed a GDI handle leak in recent builds related to receiving certain types of notifications. This could cause UI issues or explorer.exe crashes for Insiders who receive a lot of notifications.
• Fixed an issue that was causing the NVIDIA icon in the system tray to show empty notifications.
- Fixed an issue causing search to not work in the previous flight for Insiders with Arm64 PCs.
Fixed an issue where the sleep recommendation on the Energy Recommendations page and Battery & Power page was sometimes inconsistent.
- Task Manager colors in light and dark should display correctly now for people with their mode set to Custom.
Changes and fixes for build 22623.1028 and 22621.1028
These are the fixes specific to build 22623.1028 and 22621.1028:
- Fixed an issue that affected some games and applications. This issue was related to GPU performance debugging features. This lowered the expected game performance.
Microsoft is looking into problems with the Taskbar and Task Manager as part of the known issues.
Install build 22623.1028
If you want to download and install the Windows 11 build 22623.1028, you need to enroll your device in the Beta Channel using the “Windows Insider Program” settings from the “Update & Security” section.
Once you enroll the computer in the program, you can download build 22623.1028 from the “Windows Update” settings by clicking the Check for Updates button. However, you will need a device that meets the minimum system requirements to receive the update if you are new to the Windows Insider Program. If the device receives build 22621.1028, you can check again for updates to download build 22623.1028.