Microsoft rolls out preview of the next cumulative update with privacy changes for the EU area and introduces changes for Copilot.
Windows 11 version 22H2 (2022 Update) is the first feature update of the operating system set to launch on September 20, 2022.
The Windows 11 2022 Update will introduce new features, improvements, fixes, and visual enhancements as part of the new version. However, you will find that many changes are tweaks to improve the existing experience.
In a nutshell, these are all the new features and changes for Windows 11 22H2:
- New Start menu folders to group apps.
- New option to change the number of pins in the Start menu.
- Taskbar ability to drag and drop files and apps.
- New Snap layouts drag and drop interface.
- New Task Manager with a modern interface.
- New Live captions feature to improve understanding of spoken content.
- New Voice access feature to control a device with voice.
- New touch gestures for tablets.
- News Smart App Control (SAC) feature to block dangerous apps.
- Legacy interface with visual changes.
- Updated Focus feature with focus session integration.
- Updated File Explorer with tabs and redesigned navigation pane.
- Updated Quick Settings with options to control Bluetooth devices.
- Updated Print Queue and Print dialog apps with automatic printer detection.
- Improved power management tweaks to reduce energy composition.
- Option to uninstall updates from the Settings app.
Windows 11 22H2 resources
- New features and changes
- Download the official ISO file
- Four upgrade methods
- Media Creation Tool
- Installation Assistant
- Clean installation
- ISO installation
- Bootable USB media creation
- Bootable USB with bypass
- Upgrade from Windows 10
- Troubleshoot and fixes
- Check installation
Windows 11 22H2 info
- OS: Windows 11
- Update name: 2022 Update
- Version: 22H2
- Build: 22621.382
- Codename: Sun Valley 2
- Release Preview release date: June 7, 2022
- Initial release date: September 20, 2022
- Start of service: September 20, 2022
- End of service: October 14, 2022
- End of service for business: October 14, 2025
- Price: Free
Windows 11 22H2 requirements
- Processor: 1GHz or faster CPU or System on a Chip (SoC) with two or more cores.
- RAM: 4GB.
- Hard drive: 64GB or larger.
- System firmware: UEFI, Secure Boot capable.
- TPM: Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0.
- Graphics: Compatible with DirectX 12 or later with WDDM 2.0 driver.
- Display resolution: High definition (720p) display that is greater than 9” diagonally, 8 bits per color channel.
- Networking: Microsoft account and internet.
If the computer doesn’t meet the minimum requirements, it’ll still be possible to upgrade using the ISO file or Media Creation Tool. However, the device will need to meet some basic Windows 11 22H2 hardware requirements, including a 64-bit processor with at least two cores, 4GB of RAM, 64GB of storage, and a Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2.
Windows 11 22H2 new features, changes, and related content can be found here.
If you're wondering the differences between Windows 11 22H2 and 23H2, here's the explanation.
The Patch Tuesday update for November 2023 releases for versions 23H2 and 22H2, and here's what you need to know.
You can upgrade an incompatible computer to Windows 11 (23H2 or 22H2) at your own risk, and here are four methods to complete the task.
Microsoft delivers the a preview of the next Patch Tuesday update for Windows 11. The same update is also available for version 23H2 in ...
Microsoft rolls out another preview of Windows 11 in the Beta Channel with a bunch of fixes and some improvements.
Microsoft pushes another preview of Windows 11 in the Beta Channel, and here's what you need to know.
Devices enrolled in the Release Preview Channel receive a new Windows 11 preview with changes and fixes.
Microsoft rolls out the October Patch Tuesday update for Windows 11 21H2 with various fixes and changes.
Windows 11 gets a new update in the Beta Channel bringing enhancements and changes, and here's all you need to know.