You can upgrade to Windows 11 22H2 in four different ways, and in this guide, we'll show you how.
Windows 11 version 22H2 (2022 Update) is the first feature update of the operating system set to launch on September 20, 2022.
The Windows 11 2022 Update will introduce new features, improvements, fixes, and visual enhancements as part of the new version. Although you will find that many changes are are tweaks to improve the existing experience.
In the nutshell, these are all the new features and changes for Windows 11 22H2:
- New Start menu folders to group apps.
- New option to change the number of pins in the Start menu.
- Taskbar ability to drag and drop files and apps.
- New Snap layouts drag and drop interface.
- New Task Manager with a modern interface.
- New Live captions feature to improve understanding of spoken content.
- New Voice access feature to control a device with voice.
- New touch gestures for tablets.
- News Smart App Control (SAC) feature to block dangerous apps.
- Legacy interface with visual changes.
- Updated Focus feature with focus session integration.
- Updated File Explorer with tabs and redesigned navigation pane.
- Updated Quick Settings with options to control Bluetooth devices.
- Updated Print Queue and Print dialog apps with automatic printer detection.
- Improved power management tweaks to reduce energy composition.
- Option to uninstall updates from the Settings app.
Windows 11 22H2 resources
- New features and changes
- Download the official ISO file
- Four upgrade methods
- Media Creation Tool
- Installation Assistant
- Clean installation
- ISO installation
- Bootable USB media creation
- Bootable USB with bypass
- Upgrade from Windows 10
- Troubleshoot and fixes
- Check installation
Windows 11 22H2 info
- OS: Windows 11
- Update name: 2022 Update
- Version: 22H2
- Build: 22621.382
- Codename: Sun Valley 2
- Release Preview release date: June 7, 2022
- Initial release date: September 20, 2022
- Fully available date: TBD
- Start of service: September 20, 2022
- End of service: October 14, 2022
- End of service for business: October 14, 2025
- Price: Free
Windows 11 22H2 requirements
- Processor: 1GHz or faster CPU or System on a Chip (SoC) with two or more cores.
- RAM: 4GB.
- Hard drive: 64GB or larger.
- System firmware: UEFI, Secure Boot capable.
- TPM: Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0.
- Graphics: Compatible with DirectX 12 or later with WDDM 2.0 driver.
- Display resolution: High definition (720p) display that is greater than 9” diagonally, 8 bits per color channel.
- Networking: Microsoft account and internet.
If the computer doesn’t meet the minimum requirements, it’ll still be possible to upgrade using the ISO file or Media Creation Tool. However, the device will need to meet some basic Windows 11 22H2 hardware requirements, including a 64-bit processor with at least two cores, 4GB of RAM, 64GB of storage, and Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2.
Windows 11 22H2 new features, changes, and related content can be found here.
Microsoft is working to bring back two essential features to the Taskbar on Windows 11.
Microsoft releases a preview for the next update of Windows 11 22H2, and here's all you need to know.
These are (so far) the new features and changes coming with the "moment 2" update for Windows 11 22H2.
Here's the workaround to install Windows 11 without an internet connection and using a local account.
Microsoft will refresh Task Manager with a new search feature, independent color support, and more.
Microsoft published the known issues found in the initial rollout of Windows 11 22H2, and it's placing a temporary block on affected devices.
Is it safe to install Windows 11 22H2? Best answer: Yes, but you should proceed with caution as during the beginning, you may still ...
Here are the best features that will arrive on Windows 11 22H2.
The latest preview of Windows 11 brings updated Task Manager with search, fixes, and improvements.