- Windows 11 22H2 receives builds 22621.1690 and 22624.1690 (KB5026447) in the Beta Channel.
- This update rolls out with new visuals for the Widgets experience.
- It also comes with various fixes and improvements.
Microsoft releases Windows 11 build 22624.1690 (KB5026447) with new features enabled by default and the preview build 22621.1690 (KB5026447) with features turned off by default for computers enrolled in the Beta Channel.
Build 22624.1690 and 22621.1690 for Windows 11, and according to the official changes, it introduces a new Facebook widget, which you can download from the Microsoft Store, and several fixes for the operating system.
Changes and fixes for build 22624.1690 and 22621.1690
As part of the fixes and other improvements for both builds, this flight includes the following:
- Alerts under Settings > Accounts advising users to add a recovery email address or phone number to their Microsoft account to ensure they never lose access to their account.
- Changed the “Recommended” section of the Start menu to “For you”.
Changes and fixes for build 22624.1690
These are the fixes and enhancements for build 22624.1690 in the Beta Channel:
- Fixed for the underlying crash impacting the ability to launch the touch keyboard / PIN entry on the login screen.
- Fixed another 2FA code pattern which wasn’t being recognized.
- Addressed an issue which was causing random processes to sometimes get grouped under Microsoft Edge even though they weren’t related.
- Fixed an issue impacting Task Manager reliability.
- The search icon should be easier to see now when using a contrast theme.
- Made the navigation pane a bit narrower.
- The creation of live kernel memory dump file submenu has access keys now.
- Pressing enter when keyboard focus is on one of the sections (like Memory) in the Performance page should now actually switch sections.
- Resizing Task Manager from the top of the window should work now.
In addition to the improvements, Microsoft is also warning about some known issues with the Taskbar search experience and Widgets.
Install build 22624.1690
To download and install the Windows 11 build 22624.1690, enroll your device in the Beta Channel using the “Windows Insider Program” settings from the “Update & Security” section.
Once you enroll the computer in the program, you can download build 22624.1690 from the “Windows Update” settings by clicking the “Check for Updates” button. However, you will need a device that meets the minimum system requirements to receive the update if you are new to the Windows Insider Program. If the device receives build 22621.1690, you can turn on the “Get the latest updates as soon as they’re available” toggle switch to switch to build 22624.1690.