- Microsoft releases update KB5032189 for Windows 10 22H2 and 21H2.
- The update bumps the version number to build 19045.3693 and 19044.3693, respectively.
- The update KB5032189 introduces security fixes and improvements.
- Windows 10 21H2 and versions 1809, 1607, and 1507 are also receiving updates.
Microsoft rolls out the KB5032189 as the next update of Windows 10 22H2 and version 21H2. The update is rolling out in the Stable Channel with security fixes and changes.
According to the announcement from the official website, the update KB5032189 bumps the version number to build 19044.3693 (21H2) and 19045.3693 (22H2) and makes available security patches and other fixes and improvements previously available with the preview update KB5031445 released on October 18, including fixes a couple of memory leaks, updates time support for Syria and addresses problems with print drivers, networking, the Outlook app, and security.
In addition, the company is making available updates for older versions of the operating system, including versions 1809, 1607, and 1507.
If you prefer manually installing the November 2023 update for version 22H2 or 21H2, download it from the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
Windows 10 update KB5032189
These are the fixes and improvements rolling out for Windows 10 on November 14, 2023:
- Supports daylight saving time (DST) changes in Syria. To learn more, see Interim guidance for Syria DST changes 2022.
- Addresses a memory leak in ctfmon.exe.
- Addresses a memory leak in TextInputHost.exe.
- Addresses an issue that affects touchscreens. They do not work properly when you use more than one display.
- Addresses an error that occurs when you print using v4 print drivers.
- Addresses an issue that affects Outlook. It stops responding. This occurs when you print to an
- Internet Printing Protocol (IPP) printer that has a slow response time.
- Addresses an issue that affects connectivity. It is lost. This occurs when you add a second network interface card (NIC) that has no default gateway.
- Makes Country and Operator Settings Asset (COSA) profiles up to date for certain mobile operators.
- Addresses an issue that affects Windows Defender Application Control (WDAC). Its “allow” policies might block some binaries from running.
- Addresses an issue that affects robocopy. The /efsraw switch stops it from copying data properly.
Older versions of Windows 10
The company is also rolling out the update KB5032196 for version 1809, bumping the build number to 17763.5122, and making new fixes and changes available for these devices.
Furthermore, Windows 10 1607 received the update KB5032197 that bumps the version to build 14393.6452, and it resolves several problems. Finally, Windows 10 1507 is getting the update KB5032199, which increases the version to build 10240.20308 and introduces some quality improvements and fixes.
Download update KB5032189 for Windows 10
The update is available immediately and will be downloaded and installed automatically through the Stable Channel. However, you can always force the update from Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update, click the “Check for updates” button, and use the option to install the optional update.