- Microsoft Edge 91 rolls out for Windows 10 and macOS.
- The list of new changes includes new color themes, New Tab settings, and Sleeping tabs improvements.
- As part of the Bing benefits, Edge can now show price history and you get access to rebates.
Microsoft Edge version 91 is now slowly rolling out to users running Windows 10 and macOS. This is a significant update because it introduces several new features and improvements that (according to Microsoft) make it the best browser experience for Windows 10 users.
In this release, the Chromium-based version of Edge adds price history and Bing Rebates integration, new color themes support, improvements for Sleeping tabs and New Tab pages.
What’s new on Microsoft Edge 91
Here are more details about the new features found in version 91 of the browser:
- Color themes: Although the browser already includes support for themes using Microsoft add-ons and extensions from the Google Play Store. The “Appearance” page has been updated with a collection of color themes to personalize the experience.
- New Tab page personalization: In version 91, there is a new “Personalize” button that allows you to customize the content that appears while using the “Inspirational” or “Informational” option.
- Sleeping tabs improvements: According to Microsoft, the Edge browser has improved the “Sleeping tabs” feature, and now it saves up 82 percent of memory from inactive tabs, freeing up resources to boost the overall performance of your computer and help with battery life. This is possible by putting ads on pages into sleep mode immediately after putting them in the background.
- Price history: In previous versions, the company introduced the ability to help users save money by showing coupons and other related offers when shopping online. Starting with version 91, the browser can now show the price history to see how the price has fluctuated over time to help you decide whether to make the purchase or wait until the price drops. This feature works like getting coupons. Just click the blue tag icon in the address bar.
- Bing Retabes: In addition to price history, you can now enable Bing Rebates to save money when shopping online when signed in with a Microsoft account. Once the feature is enabled, continue shopping through Bing.com to earn cashback from more than 1200 retailers. In a nutshell, when you find a Bing Rebate, you would complete the purchase normally, and then a credit will be added to your Microsoft account, which you can then cash out using PayPal.
In addition to these new features and improvements, Microsoft Edge 91 also ships with several other lesser changes, including support to block auto-playing videos automatically, automatic profile switching per site, Reading View support for Wikipedia pages, password strength and reuse warnings, mini contextual menu for highlighted text, and more.
The browser will download and install this update automatically, but you can always force the update from Settings > About Microsoft Edge, and the clicking the Restart button once version 91 is ready.