Office 2007 users: Microsoft hasn’t forgotten about you yet, Service Pack 3 (SP3) has been released and is ready for download.
Service Packs provide the latest added system reliability, security, program compatibility, and more. This latest update for Microsoft Office 2007 includes 2 main fixes:
- All updates that were previously released until September 2011: cumulative and security updates, and hotfixes.
- New fixes that improve performance, security and stability.
Just remember that when you install a Service Pack no matter the release version, all will include previous updates and Service Packs, so you don’t necessarily need to install SP1 and SP2 in order to install SP3.
What’s new on Microsoft Office 2007 Service Pack 3 (SP3)
- Fixes issues with the Pre and Post Reform rules in the French Thesaurus.
- Fixes an issue in which a crash sometimes occurs when an Excel workbook is opened in Excel and then previewed by using the Windows Explorer preview pane feature.
- Fixes an issue in which encryption settings are not configurable when they are used with a file format compatibility pack converter and Office 2003 or an earlier version of Office.
- Fixes an issue in which Excel Slicers and Ribbon customizations are lost when an XLSX file is first saved as an ODS file, and then saved as an XLSX file in Excel 2007.
- Fixes an issue in which Excel 2007 sometimes crashes when you open an Excel workbook previously saved in a newer version of Excel. This occurs if the file uses a new feature that is not available in the 2007 Office system.
- Documents that require custom security trimming are not returned from alert search queries, even if the user who created the alert could see and query for these documents.
- Non-Unicode characters in certain error message strings now display correctly.
- Four new bibliography styles are now available in the “Word Citations & Bibliography” feature: Harvard Anglia, IEEE, APA Sixth Edition, and MLA Seventh Edition.
- Chinese New Year holiday is now included in the Outlook calendar for Singapore.