Time for another Patch Tuesday! This time Microsoft is releasing various updates for Windows 8 and a Firmware update for Surface with Windows RT.
Starting with the company’s tablet, the new update delivers a couple of System Firmware (UEFI) improvements including:
- Improvements to audio playback when in Connected Standby
- Additional capabilities for handling firmware updates during low battery situations.
This Tuesday update also brings a total of 7 updates: 5 of them labeled as “Important” and 2 labeled “Critical” that were released to address 12 issues in different Microsoft products including in Windows 8/RT.
As for the security exploit in Internet Explorer 8, 7 and 6, Microsoft is not releasing an update just yet. Although, the company has already published a Fix it to temporarily stop the vulnerability. For more details check out the source links below.
1. Use the Ctrl+I keyboard shortcut and click or tap the Change PC settings option.
2. While in PC Settings, navigate through Windows Update.
3. Click or tap Check for Updates Now and install.