Microsoft will release a new Power Cover keyboard for the Surface Pro 2, Surface 2, and for the current Surface Pro. Surface RT is not listed as the software giant is using a new connector that isn’t supported in this version of the tablet.
Basically as the name implies the new accessory is a battery pack to extend the life of the devices with a keyboard on top. Microsoft plans to ship Power Cover later this year in time for the second generation of Surface tablets. According to a new article from Paul Thurrott, the guy behind WinSuperSite.com, the new cover will have the following features:
- The Power cover will look similar to the Type Cover, which means a full-flesh keyboard and not a Touch Cover experience.
- It will change a Surface even while in use.
- The battery pack will recharge while the tablet is charging from an outlet.
- Power Cover weighs 1.1 pounds and it’s .38-inch thick.
- How much will improve the battery of the device? — Unclear.
Again the new cover will be available later this year after the new line of Surface releases, the price is yet to be announced, and it will only release for the Surface Pro, Pro 2, and Surface 2, no Surface RT.