Microsoft’s Surface Pro 4 is quietly getting a new firmware update in September that includes changes and improvements for the device’s camera.
As we’ve seen in several previous Surface firmware releases, the company isn’t yet making available the release notes in its Surface Update History support site.
However, Windows Central spotted the list of updates the Surface Pro 4 is getting:
- Intel driver for Microsoft IR Camera Front.
- Intel driver for Microsoft Camera Front.
- Intel driver for AVStream Camera 2500.
- Intel driver for Imaging Signal Processor 2500.
- Intel driver update for CSI2 Host Controller.
- Surface – System 8/1/2017 12:00:00 AM – 22.214.171.124.
- Intel driver update for Control Logic.
- Intel driver update for Microsoft Camera Rear.
The new September 2017 firmware update for Surface Pro 4 should download and install automatically. However, if you have not received the update on your Surface, then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update and try to force the download manually.