Microsoft has announced that the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update will officially release on October 17, but it doesn’t mean that the update has been finalized just yet. The company is now rolling out Windows 10 build 16281 for PCs enrolled in the Fast ring of the Windows Insider Program as a minor update that fixes a number of bugs.
Windows 10 build 16281, according to the software giant, fixes small problems on Microsoft Edge, Windows Defender Security Center, Store, and a particular issue that caused high processor usage.
As we’re getting closer to the official release, you won’t find any new features or big improvements, and Microsoft reporting no known issues with this flight.
What’s new on Windows 10 build 16281
Here’s the list fixes and minor improvements included on this release.
- Addressed an issue resulting in sudden and brief processor spikes where you couldn’t move your mouse.
- Fixed issue where if you changed your display language preference to something other than the machine’s default then any app which did not take an update while also getting the updated language resource package from the Store would end up continuing to display its tile in Start in that default language rather than the new language displayed within the app and other system UI.
- Addressed problem where the Windows Defender Security Center app icon was missing in taskbar when the app was open, as well in Start’s all apps list.
- Fixed issue resulting in not being able to tap into an open PDF in Microsoft Edge.
- Addressed problem where minimized app windows on mixed-DPI monitor setups might end up drawing offscreen after your PC resumed from sleep.
- Fixed issue resulting in Train Simulator 2017 failing to launch on recent flights.
How to download Windows 10 build 16281
Microsoft is listing the complete set of fixes for Windows 10 Insider build 16281 at the Windows Blog. In case you missed it, you can read all the changes for Windows 10 build 16278 in this article.
Alongside build 16281, Microsoft is also releasing Windows 10 build 16278 to the Slow ring, but the ISO files for this flight are not availble.
You can also check out these resources:
Windows 10 build 16281 for PC is available immediately through the Fast ring. The Insider preview build will download and install automatically on your device, but you can always force the update from Settings > Update & security > Windows Update and clicking the Check for updates button.