The KB4577062 update is now available as a preview for Windows 10 version 1909 and 1903 with several fixes, and here's all you need to know.
Windows 10 version 1809, October 2018 Update, — codenamed Redstone 5 — is the next major release expected to deliver a new set of features and improvements. The release date for version 1809 is October 2, 2018, but the re-release date is November 13, 2018.
It’ll include features like new cloud-powered clipboard, dark theme for File Explorer, Microsoft AI, Fluent Design tweaks, a lot of Microsoft Edge improvements, and much more.
All Windows 10 October 2018 Update (Redstone 5) related content, news, new features and changes can be found here.
Windows 10 release date and technical details
- OS: Windows 10
- Official name: October 2018 Update
- Version: 1809
- Build: 17763
- Codename: Redstone 5
- Release date: October 2, 2018
- Paused date: October 6, 2018
- Re-release date: November 13, 2018
- Broadly available date (advanced users): December 17, 2018
- Broadly available date (automatic update): January 16, 2019
- Start of service (business): March 28, 2019
- Start of service: November 13, 2018
- End of service: May 12, 2020 (Home and Pro)
- End of service (business): May 11, 2021 (Enterprise and Education)
- Delayed: No
- Price: Free (on PCs already running the OS)
What’s new with version 1809
Microsoft pushes new update force the Chromium version of Edge on Windows 10.
Microsoft begins the automatic upgrade of Windows 10 version 2004 for devices reaching end of service automatically.
Update KB4559004 is now available as preview for Windows 10 version 1909 and 1903 to address several issues – here's all you need to know.
You can now check the battery level of the Bluetooth devices using the Settings app — Here's how.
Microsoft fixes printing issue after pushing a buggy update for Windows 10 users.
Microsoft is extending the end of support of Windows 10 version 1809 and other products for six month due to global health situation.
Windows 10 receives KB4554364 update to fix critical VPN problem that could prevent people to keep working from home.
Microsoft pushes update KB4541331 to fix a bunch of problems with PCs running Windows 10 version 1809, and here's all you need to know.
Older versions of Windows 10 are now getting a new cumulative update to address several issues, and here's all you need to know.