Software updates are meant to improve the system performance by fixing bugs, patching security wholes, and now with Windows 10, adding new features and changes. But the problem is that sometimes updates may not install correctly, they could buggy, or they cause some compatibility issues with applications. As such if you’re running Windows 10 Technical Preview and your system is crashing or acting-up after installing an update, you can remove the Preview updates easily from the Advanced startup menu. Follow the steps below.
1. On your Windows PC open PC settings and navigate to Update and recovery
2. Go to recovery and click Restart now from the Advanced startup settings
3. You’ll be taken to the Advance startup menu, choose Troubleshoot
then Uninstall Preview updates
4. The system will restart in to the “Uninstall Preview updates” environment, choose your account, enter your password and click Continue
6. Click Uninstall
7. Finally hit Restart or Finish
It’s worth noting that this is a new option added to Windows 10 and it’s a good option to consider when running into issues, as we know that buggy software isn’t pretty.
That’s all you have to do, now your system will roll back the update and your Windows 10 Technical Preview should go to a working condition.