Alongside the slew of new features and incremental changes, Windows 10 version 1903, April 2019 Update, is also focusing on improving the installation experience.
In its current state, the setup experience doesn’t offer easy to understand information when a compatibility issue is detected. In the new experience, if there’s a known compatibility problem with an app or driver, Windows 10 will display a screen with friendly information and the action you need to take to successfully upgrade your device.
According to the software giant, these are the current problems with the Windows 10 Setup:
- Users would often get to a setup block and not know what to do afterwards.
- The current messaging is generic and it does not help a user understand how to get unblocked (if possible).
Starting with the April 2019 Update, the setup will provide users with more details and actionable features:
- There is a place where users can go to learn more about their issue.
- Ensure the associated KB is linked to the “Learn More” link.
- Enabling users the ability to install or upgrade an application, if applicable.
Microsoft is getting close to complete the next major release, and you should see the new improvements when manually upgrading to version 1903 and later versions.