- You can now download the Update Assistant to upgrade to Windows 10 21H1.
- Open the Microsoft download page, click the Update Now button, launch Update Assistant, and click the Update Now button.
The Microsoft Update Assistant tool has been updated to upgrade devices to the Windows 10 21H1 (May 2021 Update) if they are not getting the first semi-annual update through Windows update.
On Windows 10, the Update Assistant is a tool designed to install a new version of the operating system on a device that is not receiving the feature update through Windows Update for unknown reasons, but the hardware and software configuration is compatible with the new release.
The utility is like the Media Creation Tool. However, the difference is that you can only perform in-place upgrades to the most up-to-date version available at that time.
Download Windows 10 21H1 with Update Assistant
It is never recommended to upgrade a system during the early days of the rollout, and even more when the device has not received the notification through Windows update. However, if you cannot wait, use these steps:
- Download the Update Assistant for Windows 10 21H1 by clicking the Update Now button from the Microsoft software support download page.
- Double-click the Windows10Upgrade9252.exe file to launch the tool and click the Update Now button.
- Once the tool confirms that the hardware and software configuration are compatible, the May 2021 Update files will download on the device. Then you will need to click the Restart Now button to complete the installation.
Typically, the process using the Update Assistant should take less than an hour to complete.
If you already have version 20H2 or 2004, you should upgrade using the Windows Update settings since the installation will quick as a monthly cumulative update. Otherwise, if you use the tool, a complete reinstallation will be performed.
You should only consider using the upgrade tool to install the new version on a device running Windows 10 version 1909 (November 2019 Update), or an earlier release. Also, before proceeding, make sure to use this guide to avoid problems and errors during the upgrade process.
While the tool offers a non-destructive installation process, it’s recommended to create a full backup before making system changes.