Microsoft is now rolling out Windows 10 build 16278 for Insiders with PCs enrolled in the Fast ring. The new release is a minor update that doesn’t contain any new features or big improvements, only new fixes to help to stabilize the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update for the official release in the coming weeks.
Windows 10 build 16278, according to Microsoft, fixes a number of issues with the upgrade process, Microsoft Edge, and emoji panel. It removes the ability to take HDR screenshots, and it seems that this flight doesn’t contain any known issues.
What’s new on Windows 10 build 16278
This is the list of fixes and small improvements Microsoft is rolling out with this Windows Insider Preview build:
- Fixed an issue where upgrading to recent flights would fail if you had a speech for a secondary language installed.
- Addressed problem where printing from 32-bit apps running on 64-bit versions of the OS.
- Fixed issue from recent flights resulting in precision touchpads potentially dropping gestures after coming out of sleep.
- Addressed problem where the battery flyout might incorrectly show “PC not charging” while the device was changing in recent builds.
- Fixed an issue where fonts using shortcuts would become unusable and disappear from the Fonts folder.
- Addressed problem resulting in multiple apps crashing in the previous flight if you tried to log into the app using Facebook.
- Fixed issue where Delivery Optimization Group Policy / MDM policy for DOMinFileSizeToCache was ignored and the service defaults were used instead.
- Fixed an issue resulting in drag and drop onto websites intermittently not working in Microsoft Edge.
- Addressed a problem where Microsoft Edge would crash after choosing to pin certain websites to Start.
- Fixed issue where a tab in Microsoft Edge could get in a state where it displayed a tab preview thumbnail even though your mouse wasn’t hovering over the tab.
- Addressed problem in Microsoft Edge for certain websites where after watching an embedded video fullscreen.
- Fixed an issue in Microsoft Edge where pasting an image to Imgur.com from your clipboard wouldn’t work.
- Addressed problem where the Emoji Panel’s tooltips could become mixed up.
- You no longer can take HDR screenshots on your PC, but the feature will come back again in the future.
Here’s a look at Windows 10 build 16273 which includes latest features and changes coming to version 1709:
How to download Windows 10 build 16278
Microsoft is listing the complete set of fixes and known issues for Windows 10 Insider build 16278 at the Windows Blog. In case you missed it, you can read all the changes for Windows 10 build 16275 in this article.
You can also follow these resources:
Windows 10 build 16278 for PC is available immediately through the Fast ring. The Insider preview build will download and install automatically on your device, but you can always force the update from Settings > Update & security > Windows Update and clicking the Check for updates button.