Microsoft is now releasing Windows 10 build 16291 for PCs enrolled in the Fast ring of the Windows Insider Program. In this test preview of the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, you’ll only find bug fixes as the company is currently focus on getting the update ready for the October 17 launch.
Windows 10 Insider Preview build 16291, according to Microsoft, however, allows iPhone and Android users to resume articles to a PC within the Cortana app.
As for bug fixes, this flight is addressing a few problems regarding Windows Update after an upgrade, scrolling using touch or precision touchpads on Microsoft Edge, and issues with apps, such as Outlook 2016 and Skype.
What’s new with Windows 10 build 16291
Here’s a list of all the improvements included in this flight:
- Fixed an issue where after an upgrade Windows Update history would be missing a listing for the feature update you just installed.
- Addressed issue where pin reset above lock (“I forgot my PIN”) would only work the first time the password was reset.
- Fixed a recent issue resulting in the Skype UWP app not being launched if it was minimized when you clicked an incoming call notification.
- Addressed issue where scrolling with touch or precision touchpads wasn’t working with the F12 Developer Tools.
- Fixed an issue where Microsoft Edge would crash if you added a Favorite to a Favorites folder and then immediately sorted that folder by name.
- Addressed issue with the indexer from recent flights that could result in Outlook 2016 search failing to index the body of messages.
If you’re a Surface Pro 3 owner that got hit the bug that makes your computer unbootable, you can check this Microsoft forums page to get your device working again.
Microsoft is listing the complete set of improvements for Windows 10 Insider build 16291 at the Windows Blog. In case you missed it, you can read all the changes for Windows 10 build 16288 in this article.
How to download Windows 10 build 16291
Although there are no ISO files for Windows 10 build 16291, the update is available immediately through the Fast ring for PCs. This preview build will download and install automatically on your device, but you can always force the update from Settings > Update & security > Windows Update and clicking the Check for updates button.
You can also check out these resources: