- Windows 11 build 23541 is now rolling out in the Dev Channel.
- This release fixes some problems and some additional known issues.
Microsoft is rolling out Windows 11 build 23541 for computers in the Dev Channel of the Windows Insider Program. In this release, the software giant is rolling out fixes and improvements for existing features.
Build 23541 for Windows 11, according to the official changes, focuses on fixes regarding the Taskbar, Search, and Dev Drive. Also, this flight is temporarily disabling rich previews for recommendations in the Start menu for some users.
Windows 11 build 23541 new fixes
These are the fixes and improvements for the latest build of Windows 11 in the Dev Channel.
- Taskbar: Fixed an issue where dragging app icons in the taskbar may sometimes lead to an explorer.exe crash.
- Search: Fixed an issue where sometimes the tooltip when mousing over the search box wouldn’t match the current search highlight.
- Dev Drive: Fixed an issue where it wasn’t possible to paste a folder path to mount into the dialog when creating a new Dev Drive.
In addition, the company notes some known issues for File Explorer, Start menu, input, and Windows Copilot.
Finally, you will find an updated version of the Microsoft Store app that now features a new “Game Pass” page to explore and subscribe to PC Game Pass or Game Pass Ultimate through a new dedicated page. On the page, you can also learn about subscription benefits. It’s also easier to discover and start playing your favorite games, including Day One games, new games on Game Pass, Bethesda games, and more.
Install build 23541
If you want to download and install the Windows 11 build 23541, enroll your device in the Dev Channel using the “Windows Insider Program” settings from the “Windows Update” section.
Once you enroll the computer in the program, you can download build 23541 from the “Windows Update” settings by clicking the “Check for Updates” button. However, you will need a device that meets the minimum system requirements to receive the update if you are new to the Windows Insider Program.