- Windows 11 build 23555 is now rolling out in the Dev Channel.
- This update fixes problems with Copilot, Windows Narrator, and Task Manager.
- In this release, you won’t find any more new features.
Windows 11 build 23555 is now rolling out for devices in the Dev Channel of the Windows Insider Program. In this release, Microsoft is making available fixes and improvements for existing features.
Build 23555 for Windows 11, according to the official changes, addresses a specific crashing issue with Copilot and some other problems with the Windows Narrator and Task Manager. In addition, Microsoft notes several known issues with the Copilot feature and the Start menu.
As part of this rollout, the development team is not making any new features or significant improvements.
Windows 11 build 23555 new fixes
These are the fixes and improvements for the latest build of Windows 11 in the Dev Channel.
- Copilot: Fixed an issue that was causing explorer.exe to crash when trying to open Copilot from the taskbar.
- Windows Narrator: Fixed an issue that was preventing you from previewing Narrator natural voices in Settings, and a problem that prevented Narrator from reading the time stamp on Start’s recommended items correctly.
- Task Manager: Fixed an issue which was causing a Task Manager crash when changing Always on Top mode.
In this preview, some apps under “All apps” on the Start menu may incorrectly be labeled as a system component. Also, for known issues in Copilot, the new icon is not currently shown in Dev Channel builds, the feature may no appear in some regions, the “Alt + Tab” shortcut isn’t working correctly, and when first launching or after refreshing Copilot while using voice access you’ll need to use “Show grid” commands to click in the “Ask me anything” box for the first time.
Install build 23555
If you want to download and install the Windows 11 build 23555, enroll your device in the Dev Channel using the “Windows Insider Program” settings from the “Windows Update” section.
Once you enroll the computer in the program, you can download build 23555 from the “Windows Update” settings by clicking the “Check for Updates” button. However, you will need a device that meets the minimum system requirements to receive the update if you are new to the Windows Insider Program.