- Windows Subsystem for Android October update preview brings some new improvements.
- The update makes available changes for graphics and reliability.
- In addition, you’ll find support for “.cer” files, a newer version of Chromium, and more.
- This update was previously available as version 2309.40000.2.0.
Updated 10/20/2023: Microsoft is now rolling out the update version 2309.40000.8.0 for its Windows Subsystem for Android (WSA) on Windows 11. The update is available through the Windows Insider Program and includes various improvements, additional file support, and more to enhance Android apps on Windows 11.
According to the official announcement on the Windows Blogs page (GitHub announcement), the update introduces reliability changes, a new version of Chromium WebView, and graphics improvements. Also, the subsystem now supports “.cer” files, rolls out some security updates for Android 13, and more.
WSA October 2023 update changes
Here’s the list of changes for the WSA version 2309.40000.8.0:
- Platform reliability improvements.
- Updated Chromium WebView to version 117.
- Allow .cer files to be shared with Android.
- Graphics improvements.
- Android Geocoder APIs (Geocoder, Android Developers) provide valid data for all applications.
- Android 13 Platform Updates.
The Windows Subsystem for Android update should download and install automatically. However, you can always download it manually from the Library’s page in the Microsoft Store app and by clicking the “Get updates” button. You can use these instructions to install WSA on Windows 11.
Update October 20, 2023: This article has been updated to reflect that this update is now available to everyone through the Windows Insider Program.