- Windows 11 build 25231 is now rolling out in the Dev Channel.
- The update introduces a few improvements, fixes, and known issues.
- The flight also has an updated version of Phone Link with instant access to your phone’s hotspot.
Microsoft is rolling out the Windows 11 build 25231 for devices enrolled in the Dev Channel of the Windows Insider Program with updates to existing features, improvements, and some issues.
Build 25231 for Windows 11, according to the official changes, brings improvements to the tablet taskbar experience and fixes problems with the System Tray, Settings, and more.
In addition, the company is also making available an update that allows you instantly access your mobile phone’s hotspot on your computer from the Phone Link app. The feature allows you to connect to your phone’s hotspot without reaching your phone without configuring the device or typing passwords.
The new feature currently requires a Samsung device with One UI 4.1.1+ and wireless and Bluetooth adapters on the computer. You can try it out from the Phone Link settings > Features > Instant Hotspot.
Windows 11 build 25231 changes
Here are all the fixes for the Taskbar, Settings, Input, and more.
Taskbar for tablets
- Tablet-optimized taskbar is now available to all Windows Insiders in the Dev Channel, as is the System Tray improvements that include drag and drop.
- When moving your mouse over the sound icon on Quick Settings, the tooltip will now display when spatial audio is in use – not just that it is enabled.
- The cloud suggestion feature Simplified Chinese IME that began rolling out with Build 25217 is now available for all Insiders in the Dev Channel.
- Removed the backplate from UWP app icons in Apps > Default apps and Apps > Apps for websites.
- Fixed the font used on the Wi-Fi section of Quick Settings when Wi-Fi was off, so that it’s consistent with the other text in Quick Settings
- Fixed an issue believed to be the root cause of certain network cameras unexpectedly not being added when you selected them under Bluetooth & Devices > Cameras.
- Improved DPI-awareness when launching setup.exe from a mounted ISO, so the initial logo while it’s preparing should no longer be blurry in certain cases.
- The change that began rolling out with Build 25179 to the spelling dictionary so that it now uses a language-neutral word list and syncs across all devices that use the same Windows account is now available to all Windows Insiders in the Dev Channel. Users can toggle this feature via Settings > Accounts > Windows backup > Remember my preferences > Language preferences. This currently only works with Microsoft accounts today with AAD support coming later.
Fixed a rare issue where FindWindow and FindWindowEx might return an unexpected window.
Fixed an issue where sometimes you wouldn’t be able to use FIDO to unlock your PC if it was connected to an external display with the laptop lid closed.
Fixed an issue which sometimes led to crashes in certain apps (like Paint, and Windows Terminal) when attempting to display a tooltip.
This release also has some known issues with the Tablet-optimized Taskbar, Widgets, Start menu, input, and more.
Install build 25231
If you want to download and install the Windows 11 build 25231, enroll your device in the Dev Channel using the “Windows Insider Program” settings from the “Windows Update” section.
Once you enroll the computer in the program, you can download build 25231 from the “Windows Update” settings by clicking the Check for Updates button. However, you will need a device that meets the minimum system requirements to receive the update if you are new to the Windows Insider Program.