- Android 13 arrives for Windows 11.
- The update is available as a preview in supported regions.
- The Windows Subsystem for Android update also includes security and input fixes.
Microsoft has released a new update (version 2211.40000.7.0) for its Windows Subsystem for Android (WSA) on Windows 11, which now includes a preview of Android 13.
The update is available through the WSA preview program for users in the United States and supported regions, and in addition to Android 13, the update includes reliability and performance fixes.
December 2022 update preview changes
Here’s the list of changes for the Windows Subsystem for Android version 2211.40000.7.0:
- Windows subsystem for Android updated to Android 13
- Added a new command that shuts down WSA for automation
- Improvements in boot performance (50%, P10 case)
- Improvements to mouse click input
- Improvements in clipboard stability
- Improvements to application resizing
- Upgraded to Intel bridge technology for Android 13
- Reliability improvements to media files opening in Windows
- Jumplist entries for applications supporting app shortcuts
The Windows Subsystem for Android update should download and install automatically. However, you can always download it manually from the Library’s page in the Microsoft Store app and by clicking the “Get updates” button. You can use these instructions to install WSA on Windows 11.