- Windows Subsystem for Android September update brings some new improvements.
- The update makes available changes for the clipboard and new networking support.
- In addition, there’s a kernel update to improve ARM-based apps.
Microsoft has announced the update version 2308.40000.1.0 for its Windows Subsystem for Android (WSA) on Windows 11. The update is available through the Windows Insider Program and includes several fixes and changes to help improve Android apps and enable new features on Windows 11.
According to the GitHub announcement, the update introduces reliability changes, localhost loopback support for networking, clipboard improvements, enhancements for ARM-based devices through a new kernel update, and more.
WSA September 2023 update changes
Here’s the list of changes for the WSA version 2308.40000.1.0:
- Platform reliability improvements.
- Localhost loopback support for the “Local network access” experimental feature.
- Clipboard reliability and performance improvements.
- Kernel update to improve compatibility with running ARM applications on x64 processors.
- Correctly report isInMultiWindowMode=false when an app is a full screen.
The Windows Subsystem for Android update should download and install automatically. However, you can always download it manually from the Library’s page in the Microsoft Store app and by clicking the “Get updates” button. You can use these instructions to install WSA on Windows 11.
Update September 27, 2023: This update has been available for everyone since September 20.