Microsoft is now rolling out update KB4103727 for devices running the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (version 1709) to address a few problems with this version.
KB4103727 bumps the build number to 16299.431, and according to Microsoft, the update fixes problems Microsoft Edge, AMD processors, servicing process upgrading to the Windows 10 April 2018 Update, Mixed Reality, and a lot more.
Alongside this update, KB4103721 is also rolling out for Windows 10 April 2018 Update fixing a number of issues with the latest version.
What’s new with Windows 10 build 16299.431
Microsoft has announced KB4103727 in the Windows support site, and it’s referred as “May 8, 2018—KB4103727 (OS Build 16299.431)”. If you’re already running the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update on your PC, this update will address these problems:
- Addresses an issue with the April 2018 Windows Servicing update that causes App-V Scripts (User Scripts) to stop working.
- Fixes problem in Internet Explorer that might cause communication between web workers to fail in certain asynchronous scenarios that involve multiple visits to a web page.
- Updates Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge to respect the video preload flag in certain scenarios.
- Addresses an issue on AMD platforms that causes intermittent loss of USB port functionality after resuming from Hibernate (S4).
- Addresses a known issue in KB4093105 that may cause the message “We couldn’t download Windows Mixed Reality software” to appear on some Windows 10 Mixed Reality devices.
- Fixes problem that prevents customers from selecting a Microsoft add-in on a second monitor.
- Addresses an issue that may cause an error when connecting to a Remote Desktop server. For more information, see CredSSP updates for CVE-2018-0886.
- Fixes problem that prevents customers from typing Hangul correctly with Microsoft Korean IME in Microsoft Word Online.
- Increases the user account minimum password length in Group Policy from 14 to 20 characters.
- Security updates to Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Microsoft scripting engine, Windows app platform and frameworks, Device Guard, Windows kernel, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows storage and filesystems, Windows Hyper-V, Windows virtualization and kernel, HTML help, and Windows Server.
How to download May 8 update for Windows 10
Update KB4103727 for PCs are available immediately, they will download and install automatically, but you can always force the update from Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and clicking the Check for updates button. You can find more details about the most recent updates in the Windows 10 update history tracker guide.