Right on schedule, Microsoft is beginning to rollout update KB4284835 for Windows 10 version 1803 (April 2018 Update) as part of the June 2018 Patch Tuesday.
KB4284835 bumps the version number to build 17134.112, and according to the company fixes a number of problems with April 2018 Update, including issues with brightness controls and black screen problems. In addition, the update resolves issues with Microsoft Edge, BitLocker, and it mitigates additional processors vulnerability known as Speculative Store Bypass.
What’s new with Windows 10 build 17134.112
Microsoft has announced KB4284835 in the Windows support site, and it’s referred as “June 12, 2018—KB4284835 (OS Build 17134.112)”. If you’re already running the Windows 10 version 1803 on your PC, this update will address these problems:
- Provides protections from an additional subclass of speculative execution side channel vulnerability known as Speculative Store Bypass (CVE-2018-3639).
- Addresses an issue that caused the system to start up to a black screen.
- Fixes a problem with the brightness controls on some laptops after updating to the Windows 10 April 2018 Update.
- Addresses a reliability issue in which the GameBar may fail to launch.
- Addresses an issue in which the 2017 and 2018 versions of Intuit QuickBooks can’t run in multi-user mode on Windows 10 1803 devices.
- Adds support for the SameSite cookie web standard to Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer.
- Fixes a problem with Internet Explorer that prevents it from using an updated version of location services.
- Addresses an issue that causes certain games to fail to show dialogs when connected to monitors that support interlaced display formats.
- Fixes a problem where firmware updates cause devices to go into BitLocker recovery mode when BitLocker is enabled, but Secure Boot is disabled or not present.
- Security updates to Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft scripting engine, Windows Desktop Bridge, Windows apps, Windows shell, Windows kernel, Windows Server, Windows storage and file systems, Windows wireless networking, remote code execution, and Windows virtualization and kernel.
Microsoft is also rolling out patches for older versions of Windows 10, including for the Fall Creators Update and Creators Update, more info here.
How to download June 12 update for Windows 10
Update KB4284835 for PCs are available immediately, they will download and install automatically, but you can always force the update from Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and clicking the Check for updates button. You can find more details about the most recent updates in the Windows 10 update history tracker guide.