Microsoft has released update KB4469342 for devices running Windows 10 version 1809 (October 2018 Update) to address a number of problems with the latest version of the operating system.
KB4469342 is only available for devices enrolled in the Release Preview of the Windows Insider Program, it bumps the version number to build 17763.167, and according to the company, the update fixes the problem that caused mapped network drives to disconnect at logon, issue trying to set an app a default, problems with adjusting brightness, Bluetooth, black screen, and Microsoft Edge.
Windows 10 build 17763.167
Microsoft has announced KB4467682 in the Windows support site, and if you’re already running the Windows 10 version 1809 on your PC, this update will address these problems:
- Addresses an issue that may cause mapped drives to fail to reconnect after starting and logging onto a Windows device.
- Fixes a problem that prevents some users from setting Win32 program defaults for certain app and file type combinations using the Open with… command or Settings > Apps > Default apps.
- Addresses an issue that causes the Brightness slider preference to be reset to 50% when the device restarts.
- Fixes a problem that stops Bluetooth headsets from receiving audio input after several minutes of listening.
- Addresses an issue with long delays in taking a photo when using the Camera app in certain lighting conditions.
- Fixes a problem that displays a black screen on some servers when waking a display from sleep.
- Addresses an issue that causes display settings to stop working when changing a multi-monitor configuration.
- Fixes a problem in Microsoft Edge with using the drag-and-drop feature to upload folders from the Windows desktop to a file hosting service website, such as Microsoft OneDrive.
- Addresses an issue that degrades Internet Explorer performance when you use roaming profiles or you don’t use the Microsoft Compatibility List.
- Addresses updated time zone information for Fiji.
- Addresses time zone changes for Moroccan daylight standard time.
- Addresses time zone changes for Russian daylight standard time.
- Fixes a problem that prevents live Hulu TV content from playing in Microsoft Edge, instead a black screen appears.
- Addresses an issue with the OEM manufacturing processes when running sysprep /generalize.
- Fixes a problem with Microsoft Intune that causes devices to be incorrectly marked as not compliant because a firewall incorrectly returns a ‘Poor’ status.
- Addresses a performance issue with vSwitch on network interface cards (NIC) that do not support Large Send Offload (LSO) and Checksum Offload (CSO).
- Updates the Wi-Fi policy for service set identifier (SSID) filtering to avoid filtering out Wi-Fi Direct devices.
- Addresses an issue that causes rasman.exe to stop responding.
- Fixes a problem in which regedit.exe fails to add double null terminator to REG_MULTI_SZ values in the Windows registry.
- Addresses an issue with RemoteApp visibility that may cause the main window to disappear until the user clicks the screen.
Alongside update KB4467682, Microsoft is also rolling out update KB4467682 for the April 2018 Update, and update KB4467681 and KB4467699 for old version also fixes a tons of issues.
Download November 27 update for Windows 10
The update is available immediately, it’ll download and install automatically, but you can always force the update from Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and clicking the Check for updates button. You can find more details about the most recent updates in the Windows 10 update history tracker guide.
KB4467682 is only available for testers, and as a result there not official direct links to download the update.