Microsoft is now rolling out update KB4501835 for devices running Windows 10 version 1809, October 2018 Update, to address a number of issues with latest version of the operating system.
KB4501835 update bumps the version number to build 17763.439, and according to the software giant, fixes several languages, date and time, and UEFI problems.
Windows 10 update KB4501835 for version 1809
Microsoft has announced KB4501835 in the Windows support site, and it’s referred as “May 1, 2019—KB4501835 (OS Build 17763.439)”. If you’re already running the Windows 10 October 2018 Update on your device, this update will address these problems:
- Addresses an issue in Unified Write Filter (UWF) that prevents Hibernate Once/Resume Many (HORM) from working as expected on Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) systems.
- Fixes a problem that prevents the CALDATETIME structure from handling more than four Japanese Eras.
- Updates the NLS registry to support the new Japanese Era.
- Addresses an issue that causes the DateTimePicker to display the date incorrectly in the Japanese date format.
- Fixes a problem that causes the Date and Time Settings control to cache old Eras and prevents the control from refreshing when the time enters the new Japanese Era.
- Updates fonts to support the new Japanese Era.
- Addresses an issue that prevents an input method editor (IME) from supporting the new Japanese Era character.
- Fixes a problem that causes the Clock and Calendar flyout control to display the day of the week incorrectly mapped to a date in the month of the new Japanese Era.
- Adds alternative fonts for the new Japanese Era fonts.
- Enables Text-To-Speech (TTS) functionality to support new Japanese Era characters.
Download May 1 update for Windows 10
These updates are available immediately, they’ll download and install automatically, but you can always force the update from Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and clicking the Check for updates button. You can find more details about the most recent updates in the Windows 10 update history tracker guide.
You can download the updates to install them manually with the links below: