As part of the Patch Tuesday update for June 2020, Microsoft is also releasing the update KB4557957 for PCs already running the Windows 10 May 2020 Update. This is the first quality update that the company is making available since the official release, and it’s a small update that addresses several problems.
KB4557957 bumps the version number to build 19041.329, and according to the company, fixes a problem that prevents the use of voice commands on Windows Mixed Reality, improves support voice assistants, and enhances security for a number of apps and external storage.
Also, build 19041.329 updates verification for usernames and passwords and storing and managing files.
- Update KB4557957 for Windows 10 version 2004
- Uninstall Windows 10 update KB4557957 to fix problems
- Download May 2020 update for Windows 10
Update KB4557957 for Windows 10 version 2004
Microsoft has announced KB4557957 in the Windows support site, and this first update is referred as “June 9, 2020—KB4557957 (OS Build 19041.329).” If you’re already running the Windows 10 May 2020 Update on your device, this update will fix these problems:
- Fixes an issue that prevents users from updating .msi files from a network folder.
- Addresses an issue that prevents you from using some voice commands in Windows Mixed Reality when the preferred Windows display language is English (Canada) or English (Australia).
- Improves the reliability of voice assistants that use Windows voice activation for keywords.
- Improves the reliability of Cortana’s voice activation when using the “Cortana” keyword on devices that support low-power keywords.
- Security updates to the Microsoft Scripting Engine, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Media, Windows Kernel, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows Input and Composition, Windows Shell, Windows Silicon Platform, Microsoft Xbox, the Microsoft Store, Windows Cloud Infrastructure, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Management, Windows Authentication, Windows Cryptography, Microsoft HoloLens, Windows Virtualization, Windows Peripherals, Windows Storage and Filesystems, Windows File Server and Clustering, Windows Hybrid Storage Services, the Microsoft JET Database Engine, and the Windows Update Stack.
You can download the updates to install them manually for version 2004 with the links below:
Uninstall Windows 10 update KB4557957 to fix problems
If the KB4557957 update is causing issues on your device, you can always uninstall it to revert the changes.
To uninstall KB4557957 or any other quality update on Windows 10, use these steps:
Search for Command Prompt, right-click the top result and select the Run as administrator option.
Type the following command to view the update history and press Enter:
wmic qfe list brief /format:table
Check the Windows Update history of your device, and identify the update by its HotFixID and InstalledOn information.
Type the following command to uninstall the update from your computer and press Enter:
wusa /uninstall /kb:4557957
In the command, replace “4557957” for KB number that correspond to the update that you’re trying to remove. For instance, if you’re trying to uninstall update KB4557957, then the number that you can have to use in the command is “4557957.”
Click the Yes button.
- Continue with the on-screen directions (if applicable).
Once you complete the steps, the recently installed update will be removed from your computer fixing any issues as a result of the release.
If your computer won’t boot after installing KB4557957, you can remove update from the Advanced startup environment using these steps.
Download June 2020 update for Windows 10
These updates are available immediately, they’ll download and install automatically, but you can always force the update from Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and clicking the Check for updates button. If you’re downloading an optional update, then you’ll also need to click the Download and install option. You can find more details about the most recent updates in the Windows 10 update history tracker guide.