- Windows 11 22H2 receives builds 22621.746 and 22623.746 (KB5018490) in the Beta Channel.
- This rollout enables the new Taskbar for touch-enabled devices again.
- The update also brings fixes for both flights.
Microsoft begins the rollout of build 22623.746 (KB5018490) with new features enabled by default and build 22621.746 (KB5018490) with features turned off by default for Windows 11 devices in the Beta Channel.
In this release, build 22623.746 only includes preliminary support to rearrange System tray icons in the Taskbar and various fixes and improvements.
Windows 11 build 22623.746
These are the fixes specific to build 22623.746:
- Fixed an issue where the gesture to slide the Start menu open from the bottom of the screen using touch might stop following your finger.
- Fixed an issue for Insiders with “Automatically hide the taskbar” enabled, where right-clicking app icons in the system tray was unexpectedly making the taskbar dismiss.
Windows 11 fixes for builds 22623.746 and 22621.746
These are the fixes that the Windows team is shipping with builds 22623.746 and 22621.746.
- Enabled the ms-appinstaller Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) to work for the DesktopAppInstaller.
- Fixed an issue that affects the Windows Search service. Indexing progress is slow when you use the service.
Microsoft is looking into issues with the tablet-optimized Taskbar and System tray problems as part of the known issues.
Install build 22623.746
If you want to download and install the Windows 11 build 22623.746, you need to enroll your device in the Beta Channel using the “Windows Insider Program” settings from the “Update & Security” section.
Once you enroll the computer in the program, you can download build 22623.746 from the “Windows Update” settings by clicking the Check for Updates button. However, you will need a device that meets the minimum system requirements to receive the update if you are new to the Windows Insider Program. If the device receives build 22621.746, you can check again for updates to download build 22623.746.