- Windows 11 build 22000.1281 rolls out as update KB5019157.
- The update adds the Quick Assist app.
- These non-security includes fixes and improvements that will release during the next Patch Tuesday.
- The update was previously available as build 22000.1279 in the Release Preview Channel.
On Windows 11 21H2, Microsoft is making available the update KB5019157 as an optional update. This is a non-security update part of the next cumulative update rollout, and it only includes bug fixes, improvements, and new features.
The update KB5019157 bumps the version number to build 22000.1281, and according to the company (previously available only in the Release Preview Channel), it offers the Quick Assist app for client computers. It also addresses problems with the Microsoft Store, virtualization, security, the Start menu, and more.
Update KB5019157 fixes and changes for Windows 11
These are the fixes and new features available with the latest update preview of Windows 11:
- Provided the Quick Assist application for client devices.
- Fixed some persistent update failures for the Microsoft Store.
- Fixed an issue that affected some devices managed by an enterprise. It improved the reliability of app installations for them.
- Fixed an issue that affected Unified Update Platform (UUP) on-premises customers. It removed the block that stops them from getting offline language packs.
- Fixed an issue that affected cluster name objects (CNO) or virtual computer objects (VCO). Password reset failed. The error message was, ” There was an error resetting the AD password… // 0x80070005”.
- Fixed an issue that affected Microsoft Direct3D 9 (D3D9). It caused D3D9 to stop working when you use Microsoft Remote Desktop.
- Fixed an issue that affected the Windows Firewall service. It did not start when you turned on the Override block rules option.
- Fixed an issue that might have affected applications that run on the Windows Lock Down Policy (WLDP). They might have stopped working.
- Fixed an issue that affected Microsoft Defender for Endpoint. Automated investigation blocked live response investigations.
- Fixed an issue that affected TextInputHost.exe. It stopped responding.
- Fixed an issue that affected pinned apps on the Start menu. The Start menu stopped working when you moved between pages of pinned apps. This issue occurs when the language is a right-to-left (RTL) language.
Install Windows 11 build 22000.1281
If you want to download and install the Windows 11 build 22000.1281, open the “Windows Update” settings and click the Check for Updates button.